Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Why I need to win the lottery.

Odd day. Had one of those mornings...didn't get anything done because I kept going over my to-do list in my head without being able to prioritize. That always results in in-action.

I finally got moving and went and did a little holiday/birthday shopping. I find it very hard to buy for some people. After downing a coffee, I went to work. It was good to see everyone, and, as usual, there were some new faces. I spent a good chunk of the day with Ms. Mass because she is headed back east. It is strange to talk to someone so young and forthright. I find myself constantly telling her to be a good girl, and trying to pass on my knowledge to her.

We ended up trying to squeeze in a late workout (my first in weeks). Part way through Mr. Urbane called and rescheduled tomorrow night's dinner to tonight. I hadn't realized how out of shape I had gotten so quickly.

Dinner was pleasant Italian with amusing conversation. We ended up discussing the need to cull his wardrobe. I was downright honest about how I feel. He needs to shift his clothes to comfortable and looks good, from comfortable and looks like a sack. Like so many people, he's got a good physic and should highlight it, but doesn't. I can't help it...sometimes I think it would be fun to have a real, live Ken doll.

Had a phone call from P.C. as dinner was ending. I told him I'd call back in half an hour. I called back in fifteen minutes, then at thirty, then at an hour and fifteen. I felt like a dork. He called back 20 minutes after my last phone call, and we talked for almost an hour. I went straight to the bad place when he didn't call. The "he might not like me", or "I pissed him off" place. A bad and scary place with crevasses waiting to swallow up dumb girls and budding relationships. I have accused many people of being relationship retards, but I'm just as bad. That being said, why do men think it is OK to keep ladies waiting without explanation? Don't they know that eventually they will end up with bread in their ear?

Finally, S was put on bedrest today until our little lady comes. She has asked to hire me to help take care of everything, as she doesn't want Mammy wearing herself completely out. Of course, I would do it for free if need be. I always want to drop everything to help my loved ones when they need it. That is why I need to win the lottery, so that I don't have to worry about walking away from things when I'm needed.

No comments: