Monday, December 12, 2005

Flu to new.

I may have trouble with this post. I'm in Sunnyland, and my wi-fi misbehaves here. It is connected for twenty seconds, then drops out for six, then connects for twenty...very strange. I seem to be able to email, etc., but can't post pictures because the software drops out and can't reconnect before the next drop. Oh my.

So I had a horrible case of the flu. My immune system held out the longest, but it still got me in the end. At least I can speak now. :-) I was down and out Monday to Friday.

Poppy came into town for about two days en route to K-ville. I took him to the airport. It makes me sad every time, as I feel I am dropping him into harms way.

Went down to SC yesterday to see Mr. SC, who will now be referred to as P. Coltrane.
I had never been there, and it was fun. The drive down 17 was quick and nice in the daylight (scary and deer filled in the dark), especially since I borrowed Poppy's new wheels. [Though I have to say...I would take the Integra over the BMW any day.] We had coffee and went to a few local tourist attractions. I may have impressed him with my rifle (laser rifle) shooting abilities. We watched surfers and saw a dead sea lion. We got chinese take-out and watched Good Will Hunting on his new giant TV. Fun was being had, and I spent half the time thinking, "Good Lord my armpits stink today.", and, "Um...my pants sure are tight.". Then it was time to go home. All afternoon I figured there would be some sort of kiss, and I just didn't know what to do about that. He made it easy. He told me he was hugging me goodbye, then quickly added a kiss and said, "and giving you a kiss too, 'cause that's just how it is."

OK. :-)

No comments: