Monday, May 01, 2006

Sometimes you just get off track.

Off track isn't always a bad thing, of course. Having the privilege off helping to care for my niece and nephew (and their folks) has worth not bloggin for awhile. Since I got back from Japan I've been busy with cooking, child care, painting, working up a good case of spring fever, planning trips to Portland and Mexico, yearning for the sun, finally (after five or six trips) getting new glasses I can actually see through, attempting to have some semblance of a social life, etc. I'm getting a little tired, but I am having fun and feel very lucky!

A few little things:
1. I've been hanging out with someone I hope will become a great friend. He's an odd little fellow (actually, tall fellow), and will be henceforth known as Stupot.
2. I had great fun with Mamasake at her kid's school fundraiser in the city. She looked SO pretty (as Zumama said, "Very Jackie O!"), and really did have a glow about her. We stayed up late (we're SO NAUGHTY) and girl talked. Zumama and I also had a funny chat during the shindig about the tangled web that is the people we both know/knew.
3. It was SO nice to sleep in my OWN bed that night after the fundraiser!
4. I raised enough moolah last year with my run efforts that I got invited to a special reception. I think I've managed to rope Mr. Urbane into going with me. I found out a few days ago that he and his Ladyfriend split up. Seems a shame, but when a man has issues, and then picks women with strict rules, it has to be expected.
5. We, minus B (;-(), are up and Mammy and Poppy's this weekend. The weather is PERFECT, and about 45 minutes into the drive up (I came up a day early to clean) I felt as though I were waking up from a long cold dreary dream. I got so happy I stopped and bought tank tops at Target! We have been enjoying everything the mountains have to offer. We thought A-man would love to go sledding. We drove up to the remaining snow. I LOVE taking off my flipflops and putting on boots and snowpants on the side of the road! YAY CA! It turns out after slipping and sliding for a couple of minutes and feeling how cold the snow was A-man broke down into tears, and would only be held on someone's lap, or play in a patch of dirt around the base of a tree where the snow had melted. The adults took turns sledding, then we retired to Pinecrest lake for lunch. I couldn't have felt better. Yesterday we took A-man to the local Statepark/Train museum. We rode on a "real" train. He was scared of all the loud noises, but otherwise really enjoyed it. My camera quit working, so I have no picture, but it was cool! The biggest hit of the day was the store, which had the largest collection of "Thomas" stuff that I have EVER seen! Heaven for a two year old! Ms. E has been enjoying getting passed from person to person, and we all have fun playing with her and getting her to smile. She and her brother have both had runny noses, but life isn't meant to be perfect.

I'm SO excited about going to Portland. I feel like I did when I was little and the last week of school was almost over! WOOWEE!!

No comments: