Friday, May 26, 2006

Pre-clear coat.

Hear I sit, almost ready to put the last color coat of nail polish on my toes, and I want to say adios. The whole fam (in three, hopefully harmonious parts) flies to Mexico tomorrow. Things have been nutty leading up to this trip. I am excited, but in this numb kind of way. I have been feeling deeply and dreaming strangely this week. It is partly hormonal, but also partly edge-of-the-slide-door-of-the-plane-curtain-going-up intensity. It isn't just the night before a trip. It feels like the night before the next stage of things. At least I hope it is. I WANT to go to the mountain, get the answer, get on with the thing that I don't even know exists yet.

I got a call from an old friend this week. She is engaged. It is a wonderful thing, and yet, somewhere inside it makes me feel bad...it-is-my-own-fault-bad...the worst kind of bad.

I am just hoping that absorbing sun, playing in waves, and dangling from trees will be a good catalyst or cleanser or distiller. Wish me luck! I will be wishing you all were with me!

No comments: