Sunday, January 14, 2007

Growing out of it.

I have this condition that I call Sunday Night Panic. It started when I was a kid. I wasn't exactly in love with school. I always felt behind either socially or academically. School was a place where there was a lot of pressure. I never felt like I measured up to one standard or another.

As a result, I loved those times I was not at school. I loved summer. I loved weekends. I did NOT love Sunday nights. I always ended up in a panic. I felt like I hadn't done my homework. I felt like there would be a day long pop quiz. I felt like I would be the butt of a week long joke.

Here I am, 32 years old, I have no school or job to go to (per se) in the morning, but I still have the Sunday night panic. I'm working on it. If anyone has suggestions, let me know. :-)

No comments: