Thursday, January 11, 2007

Floating to the top.

1. I've been finding and being found by old friends on a certain, not to be named, website. It has been good and weird. I think the overall result has been a feeling that I know/understand myself better. I also realize that putting the love out there is a good, not to be scared of, thing. How's that for some grammar.

2. I like living here in the mountains. It is so pretty and cozy by the fire. I also like feeling like I am actually getting somewhere.

3. I found out the very cute place down the street is a vacation cottage, and that the owner does massage. I popped over there this afternoon to have my sore old muscles worked on. It was a pretty good massage, but of course I can never relax when I have someone new working on me. At least my brain can't. I thought of all sorts of things, but one thing was really important. Before we got started, I explained why I wasn't a massage therapist. As part of the explanation I mentioned that part way through massage school we lost my first niece. I had never verbalized that to anyone in that way. While I was being worked on I guess I finally admitted to myself, that losing her had a big impact on my emotional state while I was learning to do this very emotional work. I also admitted to myself that I never really let myself be sad enough about it. If admitting there is something wrong is the first step to fixing it, here's hoping. I don't feel sad about it. I mean I feel ok, or relieved, or whatever. :-)

May all of you have cozy fires, or dogs, or whatever. :-)

No comments: