Tuesday, February 06, 2007

It must be the weather.

NYC has been so nice. Very sunny, and also VERY cold. Not Alaska cold, but four degrees/feels like minus nine. That feels cold to me. I haven't been so bundled up in a long time.

The cold is what I am choosing to blame it on. What is "it"? My brain and its persistent short circuiting. Two nights in a row I had a dream a man was in love with me. AGAIN! No "Wizard of Oz" this time, just Clint Eastwood and one of the other usual suspects. I know my brain really wants me to be in mutual love, but I think it is just in order to have a warm body to snuggle up to. It is lovely until I wake up.

So today I went into a diner that I have been wanting to go into for years! The food didn't live up to the expectations, but the environs more than made up for it. I felt like I had walked into a movie set. Script reads: New York. The Diamond District. Kosher Deli. Cheese blintzes on the menu, and Orthodox Jewish men sitting at the counter. It was a caricature of itself. If only I could have taken pictures.

I also drove myself a bit crazy today. From the sound of things, my fantasy wanna-be honey is in town. I kept imaging bumping into him at museums or on the street. I know it is childish, but a girl can entertain herself, right?

1 comment:

Jill said...

Isn't Clint Eastwood a bit old for you? Zack is much more your speed.

Not to rub it in... but... it is in the mid 50's here this week. Wow I never get to say that!