Thursday, January 05, 2006

On my mind.

So, death is on my mind today. I was too hot in bed the other night and I had a dream that an acquaintance of mine killed himself, and I was at his wake. Then the miners died. It said in the news today that many of them wrote notes to their families explaining that they weren't suffering, merely going to sleep. I have thought about this same thing for years. If I knew I was about to die, I would like the opportunity to write a note or make a call to my loved ones. Hopefully, it will never come to that. Then J-bob's Great Aunt died. I hope all in his family are OK about it. Also, Ariel Sharon is on the verge of death, at least political death. I worry what this will mean for all those in the middle east, and can only hope that it will somehow create an opportunity for peace.

All that being said, we are busy making preparations for a new little life to join our clan in a few weeks. S is huge and getting bigger everyday. Poor thing, she's positive, but very uncomfortable. Just to remind everyone, girl name suggestions are welcomed. We are all very excited, but I find myself completely ignoring the fact. It is like a new movie coming out that I REALLY want to see, but am too busy, so it kind of doesn't exist until I'm actually sitting in the theater.

I have more to say, but am knee deep in year end paperwork, much of which must be dealt with before I leave for Portland tomorrow (SOOOOOO EXCITED!!).

No comments: