Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Still.

Not long after I moved to CA, I was fooling around and took an on-line ayruvedic test. The results basically boiled down to this: I need a lot more stillness in my life, a lot less movement. Most of you know, I am a nomadic creature. I whole heartedly agreed with the results though. And that was three years ago. I haven't had mush stillness in the last three years. I'm not just talking about geographical stillness either. I am all over the place physically and emotionally. It isn't a bad thing, in a lot of ways. I like that I am the kind of person who can be flexible. I just know I need a certain amount of rootedness.

Looking for roots, that's what I'm doing. Looking for the roots that will tie me to my life. Of course, all good farmers know that developing roots takes patience. Must be patient.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Come root in Portland.... we have lots of established orchards and vineyards.... I see you as the rhubarb type. We have good soil and lots of rain to speed the process.

Plus Jim and I are good fertilizers.

We looooove you!