Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Ten minutes at a time.

The other night B and I went to the mall together. I was looking for glasses, and he was looking for suits, shirts, etc. He has a wedding to go to at the end of the month, and needed some new duds. It was fun shopping with him, though people kept assuming we were hitched. I take this as a good sign because, I think it means we are comfortable with each other. He echoed (sweetly) my sentiments exactly when he told one of the sales people that I was as close to him as his blood sister.

Speaking of his blood sister, the whole New York gang is doing well, but is of course sleepy etc.

I have had the hardest time looking for glasses. I find it very discouraging, as I cannot go without, and they are such a huge part of my every day appearance. I finally settled on a pair, they made them, and I couldn't see out of them. It has been a painful process, but, and here is the silver lining for sure, they have been discounted fifty percent to make up for all the pain.

I was keeping all my icky boy stuff inside, and the other morning it exploded all over Mammy and S. It was S's turn to head to the mall for clothes to wear to the wedding. We were all way too tired to be shopping, and I was really crabby about the world. They were so sweet to put up with me. I got totally discouraged when I saw the most beautiful baby blanket and got all freaked out thinking I might never have the opportunity to have kids. I felt horrible by the time I got dropped off for my chiro/massage appointment, then a funny thing happened. First, I always feel better after my appointment. When I was done, I had to get back to the mall to check on the glasses situation. I wasn't sure how I'd do it, but I ended up taking a bus. I met the nicest guy, who looked like a bum, but was just trying to make his way in the world. We had a nice little chat, and then on the way into the mall I helped a lady in a wheel chair roll herself up a hill. I always feel better when I'm friendly with people. I felt so good I bought a sweater for my trip.

I feel like the trip is bad timing, but the wheels are rolling, so all hands on deck. Speaking of, I'm in the city. I attempted to get a passport today. I won't be able to pick it up until Friday. Thhbbppt. I did get a chance to swing by old work and give hugs to the gang. It was good to see them and catch up!

Tonight I had dinner with Mr. Wino. Nice guy, nice dinner. I talked to much.

Poppy has had knee deep snow. I really, REALLY wish I had been there for it!

I'm so tired, but things are mostly good. I just need to get beyond my little hurts and disappointments. I'm taking it ten minutes at a time.

I keeping up with all your blogs, and I miss those of you that aren't here! :-)

No comments: