Saturday, March 04, 2006

Oreo

So life is great! I have a beautiful and healthy niece and nephew. A healthy and happy (if not tired) family. Access to excellent food, clothing, and shelter. Wonderful friends, some of which are moving very close by. I'm traveling to a place I have been dreaming of for years. So, what is my not-so-silver lining?

Boys, of course. Here I am, right smack dab in the middle of what should be a great moment in my life, and YET AGAIN, I am all a fret because some boy doesn't have the decency to acknowledge my existence. What makes men think that displaying such a lack of respect will get them any where in life?

While I'm ranting...what makes people think it is OK to refuse needy children a good home? I heard a report that 16 states are attempting to ban gay and lesbian couples from adopting. Errrrrrr.

Back to nice things. I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to be a part of such a great family. Miss EE is so cute, and is already spending great lots of time with eyes open learning everything. A-man is getting used to her and wants to investigate her. It is fun and cool, and I feel lucky that I am able to be around for it all.

No comments: